Scotiabank Job In Toronto ON, Contributes to the overall success of the business by supporting the continuous evolution of the processes and procedures, including trading, information management, and operations of Asset Management. The candidate will play a critical role in collaborating with internal parties to ensure that these processes and procedures are executed with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
Delivery of Operational and Technology Initiatives
- Provide broad support for system enhancements and special projects to further enhance the investment platform
- Partner with front-office teams, including Traders and Portfolio Managers, and internal back-office teams, to ensure ongoing support and enhancement of investment management processes
- In collaboration with internal partners, participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of key operational processes and procedures
- Participate in the management and review of key vendor relationships including contract management, renewals, and new requests for services
- Contribute to the management reporting of market data spending and variance analysis
- Play a key role in annual direct expense planning
Soft Dollar Program Management
- Contribute to the management of Asset Management’s soft dollar program to ensure its effective functioning
- Collaborate with Compliance and Legal to ensure the soft dollar program is managed within specified regulations
- Partner with external brokers and other service providers in the day-to-day operation of the program
- Maintenance and regular reporting of the annual soft dollar budget
Business Support and Reporting
- Preparing a variety of management reporting analysis
- Coordinate the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting process with other team members and other business units
- Contribute to the maintenance and updates of the 1832 Asset Management Business Continuity Plan
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to, and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions, and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field
- Minimum 1-3 years of related experience, preferably working within investment management
- Experience with investment management systems (eg Charles River, Bloomberg, Markit EDM, etc) is an asset
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with various levels of management
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and good business judgment
- A detail-oriented problem solver with strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to focus on multiple tasks concurrently