Seasonal Farm Work UK 2022, Farm workers plant, cultivate and harvest crops, raise livestock and poultry and maintain and repair farm equipment and buildings. This unit group includes operators of farm machinery. Farmworkers ensure the overall quality of a ranch or farm is maintained.
This can include a litany of tasks, including harvesting crops, operating tools, and feeding the livestock. Apply pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizer to crops and livestock; plant, maintain and harvest food crops; and tend livestock and poultry.
Farmworkers are also typically expected to maintain a property’s irrigation system to ensure all the soil and crops remain properly irrigated. They are employed on crop, livestock, fruit, vegetable, and specialty farms.
|Hiring Organization||Van Stomp Ltd|
|Post Name||Farm Worker|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 8 To GBP 10 Per Hour|
|Location||Cambridge, England, United Kingdom CB22 5DY|
We know all our customers well, understand how they operate, and learn the challenges they face so that we can source the best people for them and get the job done right, fast, and in a cost-effective way.
Our workers too, rely on our knowledge and expertise and trust us to introduce them to safe, suitable and enjoyable work. Welcome to Van Stomp, we look forward to working with you.
- Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields, or costs.
- Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment.
- Dig and plant seeds, or transplant seedlings by hand.
- Harvest fruits and vegetables by hand.
- Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Inform farmers or farm managers of crop progress.
- Load agricultural products into trucks, and drive trucks to market or storage facilities.
- Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow, and fertilize the soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray and harvest crops.
- Participate in the inspection, grading, sorting, storage, and post-harvest treatment of crops.
- Repair farm buildings, fences, and other structures.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent physical stamina.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent physical condition, dexterity, endurance, and grip strength.
- Knowledge of how to use cargo trucks, harvesters, and haymaking machinery is good to have, but on-site training is offered.
- Instills a passion, love, and respect for the land.
- Builds character.
- Instills a good work ethic.
- Teaches responsibility.
|Our Jobs Database:|
|Govt Jobs||502||Read More|
|Part-Time Jobs||697||Read More|
|Work from Home||369||Read More|
|Education Wise Jobs||861||Read More|
|Jobs by Country||578||Read More|
|International Jobs||684||Read More|
- We do not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.