Social Work jobs NYC, We are looking for a compassionate social worker to help serve the communities that we have a presence in by assisting our clients that are affected by issues such as neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse. Cases will be handled by phone or in person.
You will be in charge of assessing clients and gathering relevant information about their cases, providing crisis intervention, and contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
A key to succeeding in this role is the ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset. You should also be aware of others’ reactions and understand why they react as they do.
- Organization Name: NYC Department of Education
- Post Name: Social Worker
- Qualification: 12th Pass, Any Graduate
- Industry: Government
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Work Hours: 8 Hours
- Job Experience: Freshers
- Salary: USD 35 To USD 40 Per Hour
- Location: New York City, New York, United States 11201
Social Worker Requirements
- Awareness of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Proficient in word, excel, outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset.
- Licensed clinical social worker.
- Able to develop a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention.
- Valid driver’s license.
Social Worker Skills
- Empathy. Empathy is the ability to identify with and understand another person’s experience and point of view.
- Critical thinking.
- Active listening.
- Cultural competence.
Social Worker Responsibilities
- Assisting clients in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Getting clients involved in beneficial activities.
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Watch for signs of child abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention.
The New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) is the department of the government of New York City that manages the city’s public school system. The City School District of the City of New York (or the New York City Public Schools) is the largest school system in the United States.
With over 1.1 million students taught in more than 1,800 separate schools. The department covers all five boroughs of New York City and has an annual budget of $38 billion. The department is run by the Panel for Educational Policy and New York City Schools Chancellor. The current chancellor is David C. Banks.
All of the city is assigned to the NYCDOE school district except for a small section of the Bronx, which is instead assigned to the Pelham Public Schools (with tuition supported by the city government). The New York State legislature established the New York City Board of Education in.
Beginning in the late, schools were grouped into districts. Elementary schools and middle schools were grouped into 32 community school districts, and high schools were grouped into five geographically larger districts. One each for Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens, one for most of Brooklyn, and one.
BASIS, for the rest of Brooklyn and all of Staten Island. In addition, there were several special districts for alternative schools and schools serving severely disabled students. On February 3, in protest over deplorable school conditions and segregation, over 450,000 students boycotted New York City public schools.
- We do not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.