Social Worker Jobs in Vancouver, Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker with a Master’s Degree to join the Bone Marrow Transplant Inpatient Unit at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for providing advanced clinical and consultative social work services to clients and families focusing on how the client’s relationships are affected by their environment.
- Provide Social Work services to clients such as:
- conducting social and psychosocial assessments;
- and providing individual, family, and group counseling services.
- Maintain client records.
- Attend interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences.
- Identify applicable community resources for clients and facilitate care throughout the continuum.
Education & Experience
- Master of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work and one (1) year post Bachelor of Social Work experience in a health care setting.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of systems thinking as it related to the social work process.
- Broad knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in healthcare.
- Broad knowledge of research methodology.
- Broad knowledge of counseling skills and clinical practice models.
- Broad knowledge of family, group, and change therapy.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence group and inter-group processes, decision-making, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients and families in order to explore issues that are beyond the initial presented concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, families, team members, other groups, and community agency personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Ability to operate related equipment including applicable software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world-class innovator in medical care, research, and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families.
We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental, and municipal pension plan.
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities.
- Wellness supports, including counseling, critical incident, and innovative wellness. services are available to employees and their immediate families.
- Award-winning recognition programs to honor staff, medical staff, and volunteers.
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting the diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Related Jobs For You
|Jobs In Vancouver For Foreigners|
|Electrician Jobs Vancouver|
|Data Analyst Jobs Vancouver|
|Production Assistant Jobs Vancouver|
|Weekend Part-Time Jobs Vancouver|