Software Engineer Job in Canada, As an early member of the Power Engineering team, you will be working on designing, building, and launching the Power platform from the ground up. We rely on our Engineers to think critically and make some of the most significant decisions for the company.
You will have exposure to every aspect of the software development cycle and you will be encouraged to express your opinions and challenge assumptions.
Hiring Organization – Ontario Electricity Financial Corporation
Post Name – Software Engineer
Qualification – Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering
Industry – Private
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours – 8 Hours
Salary – CAD 55 To CAD 60 Per Hour
Job Location Type – Work From Home
Who and What is Power?
Power is the first credit card issuer built on modern tech, from the ground up. Our cloud-native platform is tailored to meet the needs of high-growth brands who use Power, providing them solutions that have not been supported in the past.
Power was founded by Randy Fernando and Andrew Dust, and is backed by Anthemis, Fin Capital, Financial Venture Studio, CRV, Dash Fund, Plug and Play, and others.
What You’ll do as a Software Engineer at Power:
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Power’s tech platform
- Contribute to system architecture discussions as we build a stable, scalable platform
- Collaborate with stakeholders to solve technical problems and build amazing end-to-end APIs and developer experiences
- Work with the engineering team to create new technical standards, tooling, and processes
- Work with product and design teams to ensure our end users, developers and customers are getting the best possible experience
- Review peer code and architecture
- Participate in planning and weekly demos with the team
- Write, deploy, monitor, and maintain code to production that will be used to create Power’s products and services
What you’ll need to succeed as a Software Engineer at Power:
- Previous experience at an early-stage startup (FinTech is a bonus!)
- Have existing industry experience in software development
- Enjoy and have experience building production-grade software
- Have a track record of designing high-quality systems and services
- A love of working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high technical standards
- Enjoyment working closely with others, we are a small team and have had success through cross-collaboration
- Interest in learning new tools and technologies
- Hold yourself and the team to high standards
We may be a young company but we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees. We are a 100% remote company, meaning you can work anywhere across Canada or the US (and celebrate both countries’ holidays!).
We pride ourselves in our collaborative culture and that is why we’re investing in every step of a Power employee’s journey from the very beginning. You will see this starting with our interviews through our weekly company meetings, collaboration is at the heart of working at Power.
For being such an early-stage company, we offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage along with 401(k) matching for our US team and RRSP matching for our Canadian employees.
We understand that the work-life balance can get blurred working from home so we believe in offering a flexible vacation policy, so you can take the time that you need. We also love spending time together and miss “water cooler” talk which is why we hold off-sites to give everyone the opportunity to “meet in real life”.