Store Keeper Jobs in Canada For Filipino, located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded lands of the Squamish, Tsleil-Waututh, and Musqueam Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and sports, recreation, and arts amenities.
Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities, and run programs that enhance the well-being of our community. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community.
The Purchasing & Risk Management Department has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual for a permanent full-time Storekeeper to join our team.
This position performs a variety of storekeeping duties, with an emphasis on customer service, accountability, and increasing department efficiencies.
|Hiring Organization||District of West Vancouver|
|Post Title||Store Keeper Jobs in Canada For Filipino|
|Post Name||Store Keeper|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 28 To CAD 29 Per Hour|
|Location||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V7V 3T3|
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, this position will be responsible for
- Maintaining appropriate stocking levels for critical supplies and materials for multiple client groups
- Maintaining an Inventory Management System (JD Edwards)
- Sourcing supplies and equipment for various departments with an emphasis on construction, automotive and heavy equipment
- Maintaining accurate purchasing records and supplier files
- Creating Purchase Orders and monitoring the complete purchasing cycle
- Performing regular inventory counts and maintaining effective inventory control and security procedures
- Locates stock and forwards to customer
- Provides information to staff regarding stock on hand, pricing, and requisition procedures
- Keeps and maintains accurate WHMIS records
- A wide variety of additional related duties
The preferred candidate will possess
- A demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- General knowledge of the construction, automotive and heavy equipment industries
- 3 years of inventory control and purchasing experience
- Computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, ERP Software)
- the ability to operate a forklift, front-end loader, pallet jack, and electric pallet jack (training available)
Courses related to inventory control, logistics, purchasing, equipment maintenance or construction management, and enrolment in SCC, NIGP, or equivalent programs would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate is required to supply a police information check with the vulnerable sector and a copy of their credentials and is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire.
Related Jobs For You
|Jobs in Vancouver British Columbia|
|IT Jobs in Vancouver British Columbia|
|Assistant Job in British Columbia, Canada|
|Indeed Vacancy British Columbia|
|Indeed Jobs British Columbia|