Supervisor Jobs San Antonio, US, Directs, supervises, and coordinates staff and activities at the assigned Referral Management Center (RMC) to ensure the delivery of quality patient service. This position ensures staff complies with all regulatory initiatives and policies and procedures and works with senior management to support effective RMC operations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 45100 To USD 80200 Per Year|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
- Supervises assigned personnel to ensure quality patient service and referral management. Monitors RMC workflow and productivity to ensure standards and metrics are met
- Administers RMC and WellMed policies and procedures in a consistent and timely manner
- Evaluates performance and recommend merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions for assigned staff as indicated or appropriate
- Assists in the interviewing, training, and orientation of all assigned staff. Also assists in training clinics and staff in appropriate referral management procedures
- Ensures that office space, supplies, and assistance are provided and maintained appropriately for RMC staff
- Works with senior management to ensure RMC operations and communication with clinics are effectively maintained
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
- Ensures personnel forms and/or records are kept, updated, and submitted to other departments in a timely manner
- Coordinates staff work activities and serve as a resource to referral management staff in various market(s)
- Collects clinic referral management metrics and produces reports for management as necessary
- Coordinates conference calls and assists with preparation for meetings for referral management staff within the market
- Coordinates relationships with the contracted specialist network within the market
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you a clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Nursing, or related field (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 2+ years of clinic operations or healthcare experience, including one year of supervisory experience
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures and ability to apply principles to solve everyday problems in a variety of situations
- Knowledge of fiscal management and human resource management techniques
- Knowledge of office management techniques and practices
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate workflow and staff activities
- 2+ years in a healthcare management position
- Skill in gathering, analyzing, and evaluating data
- Skill in written and verbal communication
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving, decision making
- Good communication and customer service skills
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 25 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment.
In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function.
UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in a rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed.
Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We’re impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare-eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services.
We’ve joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness.
Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work. (sm)
WellMed was founded with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them.
We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug–free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Related Jobs For You
|Spectrum Jobs San Antonio, US|
|Medical Assistant Jobs San Antonio, US|
|Monster Jobs in San Antonio, USA|
|RN Jobs San Antonio|
|Marketing Jobs In San Antonio,US|