Supply Chain Jobs in Edmonton, As a senior leader in the Finning organization, this role is responsible for; the quantification, measurement, and identification of opportunities both within the steady state and changing operational warehousing environments, across Finning’s Canadian Warehouse Operations, including driving optimization projects and managing the inventory integrity program.
Spanning cost, activity, and efficiency measures, the role will define a comprehensive approach for translating operational activities into financial performance, focusing on lowering cost-to-serve through both Capital and Selling, General & Administrative Expenses (SG&A). This involves measuring cost inputs and the resulting value and providing proactive guidance toward an optimal Return On Invested Capital for Finning.
Hiring Organization – Finning Canada
Post Name – Director, Supply Chain Operations Optimization
Qualification – Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce
Industry – Private
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours – 8 Hours
Salary – CAD 40 To CAD 45 Per Hour
Location – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5S 1H6
Leadership and Stakeholder Management: 40%
- To provide financial acumen, strategic direction, and leadership for supply chain initiatives aimed at improving Finning’s financial, operational, and customer performance.
- Drive collaboration between Finning Business Units and Global team members, to ensure clarity and alignment of expectations and behaviors, combined with measurable results.
- Employ a data-driven approach, using “one source of truth” for key supply chain operations statistics, which will be used to drive incremental benefits in the organization.
- Lead the teams by example on a day-to-day basis while developing a positive/engaged work culture that is performance-driven, customer focused, creative, and highly collaborative.
- Coach and mentor Managers, and future leaders by driving accountability, commitment, and ownership to surpass stakeholder expectations; develop succession plans.
- Identify gaps and work with leadership to develop solutions relating to the organization’s strategic imperatives to achieve desired supply chain maturity and long-term goals.
- To provide timely and proactive updates to executive leadership on supply chain operations.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with Finning’s union partners, Caterpillar, regional stakeholders, 3PLs, and technology vendors.
- Using a data-driven approach, conduct and manage supplier performance (cost, quality, SLAs) focusing on supply chain operations.
- Provide leadership with recommendations in a clear and articulate manner to align strategic direction.
- Conduct surveys or meetings with Finning business units and key customers to understand concerns and feedback on technology; take corrective actions and steps while closing the loop.
- Indirectly influence compliance and enforcement through effective use of policies and procedures, relationships, and management techniques.
Program / Project Management: 40%
- Deliver a sustainable workforce plan with ongoing reporting to enable strategic decision-making to enable high levels of customer service at the lowest possible cost of doing business; including optimizing kitting costing and pricing.
- Support RRR network implementation by identifying cost-effective Warehouse operating models to support the “One Network” strategy of supporting service operations.
- Redevelopment and ongoing management of Finning Canada’s Inventory Cycle Counting Program in alignment with the Risk model requirements of the Finning RAAS team and external auditors.
- Input to optimizing Finning’s Warehouse network through participation in Warehouse footprint reviews.
- Set clear accountabilities, expectations, and challenging yet attainable team goals, while effectively leading the team through change.
- Identify and resolve gaps in team structure, staff, skills, and working styles, by continuously assessing existing resources and aligning with future requirements.
- Establish regular Stakeholder update meetings to manage performance and results, while providing timely feedback; Identify performance drivers and limitations.
- Utilize appropriate project framework to deliver continuous improvement enhancements through the warehouse optimization program.
- Work with HR to develop and implement Finning’s required policies and procedures, including safety.
- Celebrate Team’s success, reward and recognize top performers and build momentum while strengthening relationships and confidence within the team.
Business, Legal and Financial Planning: 10%
- Inform leadership on financial/budget planning in supply chain operations to fulfill supply chain strategic intent.
- Align branches to a common supply chain approach with people, processes, technology, and data to leverage the size and scope of the global Finning organization for planning purposes.
- Negotiate and assess requests by regions to ensure adequate analysis and support to implement adequate actions.
- Responsible for driving compliance/enforcement as per Finning’s corporate or department policies and procedures and agreements with partners.
Supply Chain Essentials: 10%
- Understand and explain Finning’s supply chain strategy, global direction, Caterpillar’s stance, and how it is stood up by the overall day-to-day operations.
- Identify and resolve strategy, process, people, technology, and data gaps that affect Finning Canada’s supply chain strategic intent.
- Proactively influence Caterpillar and Finning’s union partners to support Finning’s success and vice-versa with respect to supply chain operations.
- Advocate for sponsors and peers to support business cases for supply chain technologies that will improve Finning’s business performance.
- Take a balanced approach with M3, DBS, SAP, TMS, Tableau, and other applications to create a best-in-class technology ecosystem for the supply chain.
- Solve problems that require significant analysis requiring a broad interpretation and integration of issues, implementing new approaches, and/or providing recommendations to senior leaders
- Strong financial acumen to be able to interpret, analyze and model complex financial models
- In-depth understanding of supply chain operations to identify areas of opportunity and capability to implement
- Lean and/or 6 Sigma continuous improvement methodologies
- Understand business problems to solve through people, processes, technology, and data
- Strong management experience in functional activities and tasks through peers, managerial planning, and integrating support activities
- Expertise in cost-benefit and business analysis including building business cases
- Proficient in MS Office, and MS Teams
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Masters of Business Administration
- Experience within Finning’s Project Excellence Framework
- Must have proven Process Owner / Sponsor experience for Continuous Improvement Projects
- Minimum 10 years of related working experience in Dealership or Supply Chain operations.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience managing/supervising direct reports.
- Experience with complex ERP systems is an asset.
- Experience within larger organizations, with a proven track record of influencing authority at all levels
- Experience in building highly motivated teams of diverse backgrounds
- Positive, “can-do” attitude and customer-focused approach that will enable dealing with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and passion.
- CPA, SCMP, APICS, ISM, PMAC, or 6 Sigma certifications would be considered an asset.
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on gender, race, national and ethnic origins, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.