Support Worker Jobs Sydney, Ferguson Lodge has provided community-based accommodation and support for people with spinal cord injuries. We provide a home for 34 people with spinal injuries across our Lodge and Villa accommodation.
We are looking for people with diverse skills and backgrounds who want to make a difference for people. We offer on-the-job training, mentoring, and peer support.
Benefits of joining us
- You will have access to the highest quality training for further qualifications.
- Salary is based on experience and skills + we encourage and provide excellent career and learning opportunities to upskill you. We invest in you.
- Great work-life balance! Great team environment!
- Client-centered, friendly, supportive, fun, and welcoming atmosphere.
- Take reward in being part of a team that helps people with a disability or injury.
Forward Ability Support believes in finding people with the right values is important. This helps you to fit in well with our organization, and the people with disability we support, and makes for a more positive workplace for everyone. Ideally, you will be a flexible support worker who is looking to make a difference in our community with values of Integrity, Reliability, and Leadership Respect.
About the role
You will be responsible for:
- Providing a person-centered approach to providing personal care and assisting clients to maintain a level of independence in their home.
- Supporting our clients with community access activities such as going shopping, navigating public transport, visiting community facilities, and more.
- Providing personal care assistance in the form of showering, toileting, and overall personal hygiene maintenance.
- Assisting with bladder Care and bowel Care including enema insertion.
- Assisting with mobility and transfers.
- Assisting with meal-time preparations as per the request of our clients.
- Assisting with domestic assistance by ensuring the home environment of our clients is neat and tidy at all times.
What’s required for the role?
- Availability for Permanent Part-Time shifts.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check or willing to obtain one.
- Both Covid-19 Vaccinations, other than candidates who have a medical contradiction to the Covid-19 Vaccination.
- Current First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain one.
- Smartphone/mobile phone with internet capability to access your electronic roster, payroll, and leave application systems.
- Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Proven capability to build and sustain positive working relationships, and the ability to work in a team environment or independently as required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines.
One thought on “Support Worker Jobs Sydney”