Teaching Assistant Jobs In Los Angeles, Arts in Action seeks people interested in pursuing a career in education who have yet to complete a credentialing program. Assistant Teachers support the educational program
And provide assistance to their assigned teachers and students by working with individual students or small groups and serving as substitute teachers, in addition to other support tasks within and outside of the classroom.
Hiring Organization – Arts in Action
Post Name – Elementary School Assistant Teacher
Qualification – Any Graduate
Salary – USD 18 To USD 20 Per Hour
- Maintain a high degree of ethics and professionalism
- Executes instructional activities with students following teacher direction and demonstration.
- Assists in the social development of students under the direction and guidance of the classroom teacher.
- Implements behavior management strategies designed by teachers and administration. Administers redirection and consequences in accordance with the school’s positive behavior support plan.
- Ability and willingness to substitute teach on an as-needed basis.
- Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of the classroom teachers.
- Delivers high-quality intervention lessons to targeted students with support from their assigned teachers.
- Assists in the administration of school-wide benchmarks and state assessments.
- Supervises and guides students to adhere to the school’s safety guidelines and proactively minimizes accidents.
- Builds relationships with students, staff, and parents
- Meal Program: Supervision includes playground supervision and/or meal (breakfast, lunch, and potentially supper) supervision and distribution support, all of which could occur before school, during recess, lunch, or after school, depending on the hours of the position.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required; Passage of the CBEST exam (or equivalency) and commitment to obtain a 30-day substitute credential from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing immediately upon hire.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with staff, students, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to recognize areas of concern relating to student issues. Solutions-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability in conflict resolution.
- Possesses a growth mindset and a love of learning.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Child development.
- Effective instructional strategies and practices.
- Effective engagement and management techniques.
WAGE AND BENEFITS: This is a full-time position for the academic year position with the possibility of summer work.
Arts in Action Community Charter School is non-sectarian in its programs, admissions policies, employment practices, and all other operations shall not charge tuition and shall not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, religion, or sexual orientation, either actual or perceived.
Arts in Action aims to provide a rigorous academic foundation while developing the whole child through a rich arts program, a daily socio-emotional learning component, and modeling advocacy through social justice initiatives. For more information on the school’s mission and vision.
Related Jobs For You