Teaching Jobs in Houston, St. Mark’s Episcopal School in Houston, Texas is seeking a creative, organized, team player to serve as an on-demand Substitute. We are looking for a dynamic, forward-thinking, and student-centered educator who is motivated by problem-solving and leading students at varying stages of development and understands the role that technology plays in supporting the educational experience of learners.
- Deliver lessons
- Provide feedback and instruction to students
- Nurture a partnering relationship with students
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- A collaborative and joyful spirit
- Working knowledge of technology resources in education
- A Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field, and an Advanced degree in education or a related field
In addition to the above qualities, the following items are preferred and highly valued:
- Experience and comfort with iPad use in a classroom setting
- Curriculum planning
- An understanding of and a passion for teaching children
- Ability and willingness to lead or assist with athletics and/or after-school clubs
- Classroom experience
About St. Mark’s Episcopal School
- The community of St. Mark’s Episcopal School celebrates the uniqueness of each child. We are stewards of our students’ intellectual curiosity, faith, and passion for discovery. We cultivate joy, playfulness, and growth in a child-centered environment. Located in the West University Place neighborhood of Houston, St. Mark’s serves 450 students from two-year-olds through 8th grade.
- St. Mark’s is an engaging community of learners where the school partners with its families in preparing each student for the path that lies ahead through a stimulating, whole-child school experience. Through offerings in athletics, performing and visual arts, technology, Spanish, and a robust curriculum, St. Mark’s prepares its graduates for the many high school options Houston offers, and successfully places its students in high schools which best fit each.
- St. Mark’s is an Episcopal school, and as part of the St. Mark’s Episcopal Church parish, is known as a community environment and second home to over 350 families. The school is committed to its positive relationship with families, believing strongly in the power of a fully engaged dynamic between school and home. As a place where children are known, teachers understand what it means to meet children where they are, which plays a crucial role in fostering each child’s spirit.