Tesla Job In Toronto ON, Tesla seeks a talented, business-oriented professional who can autonomously manage all phases of new site development processes for all Tesla Charging products. The Project Developer finds the best places to host Tesla charging products. They manage site selection, contract negotiation with site hosts, utility and permitting feasibility studies, and ensuring efficient project hand-off to the Tesla installation team for construction and close-out.
The Project Developer is fully responsible for ensuring current and future Tesla customers have the best experience at the most convenient charging stations, whether it’s a Supercharger on a long-distance road trip or a Wall Connector at one of their favorite destinations. The responsibilities of this position may change over time. This role requires flexibility and adaptability to the evolving needs of Tesla’s programs, projects, and organization.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and manage a pipeline of potential new sites in Eastern Canada that will meet the market’s goals to serve current and future Tesla customers
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external deployment colleagues
- Develop, refine, and manage comprehensive site due diligence including permitting and utility feasibility
- Work with attorneys to draft, negotiate and execute site host agreements
- Work closely with installation colleagues to assess and manage installation costs and timeline
- Understand and remain current with EV charging market developments and industry changes
What You’ll Bring
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Organized – Highly organized, able to simultaneously manage 20+ projects in various phases, without missing a beat
- Autonomous – Self-motivated and outspoken about what development needs with a focus on execution and achievement
- Business Model-oriented – must be able to understand site host needs and how Tesla charging integrates into meeting their business goals
- Excellent Communicator – strategic listener, conscious conversationalist, and persuasive of people from a wide range of roles and backgrounds; Comfortable communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, including CEOs, facility managers, city planners, marketing managers, and utility planners
- Risk Manager – Thorough approach to reducing risk and getting ahead of problems before they impact project success
- Experience that’s a Major Plus – real estate development, utility planning, charging infrastructure, EV infrastructure policy, local permitting
- This candidate should be based in Greater Toronto, with accessibility to travel throughout the province
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need accommodation at any point during the interview process.