United Airlines Jobs Chicago, US, There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another.
It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce.
And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy, and well-traveled.
From employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k, and privileges like space-available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
We believe that inclusion propels innovation and is the foundation of all that we do. United’s Digital Technology team spans the globe and is made up of diverse individuals all working together with cutting-edge technology to build the best airline in the history of aviation. Our team designs develop and maintains massively scaling technology solutions brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics, and digital solutions.
Data Scientists within Ai partner with business and technology leaders across the company to deploy AI & ML-powered solutions to support and automate business processes. The team works closely with other teams in digital technology with complementing skills and capabilities.
The key objectives are to drive incremental revenue, boost customer engagement, and automate manual processes by demonstrating innovative ML techniques. Data Scientists contribute to developing smart and innovative solutions across many of United’s departments.
- An individual contributor who works hands-on with data, maximizing their expertise to provide solutions, while collaborating with other team members
- Help business owners make faster, smarter decisions by aligning model outputs with business decisions
- Develop and implement novel solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, statistical modeling, and machine learning techniques
- Keep tabs on new technological developments within the field and share insights with peers and partners
- Foster collaboration with internal and external teams
- United values diverse experiences, and perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- BA/BS in a quantitative field
- 2 years of professional data science or predictive modeling work with a bachelor’s in statistics or master’s degree in the quantitative field if making a career transition ML tooling (scikit-learn), linear/logistic regression
- Basic statistical methods (t-tests, ANOVA, power analysis, A/B testing)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- MS in a quantitative field
- Previous applied knowledge or experience with one or more of the following:
- Gradient boosting models
- ML on unstructured data using transfer learning (NLP, computer vision, audio, signal processing)
- Unsupervised techniques (clustering, dimensionality reduction, etc.)
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions.