USPS Jobs Houston, We are seeking a hard-working, physically able mail handler assistant who has some experience processing mail, and who is willing to work six days a week, night shifts included. Mail handler assistants can expect to lift, carry and move parcels and packages weighing up to 70 lbs, and operate forklifts and other machinery.
They will also be responsible for separating all mail received, operating canceling machines, assisting in the supply room, and keeping work areas clean and neat. Successful mail handler assistants should have a good command of English and must be able to check names and numbers quickly and accurately.
They must also be able to withstand the physical work and remain drug-free throughout their employment. Mail handler assistants do all the heavy lifting, loading, off-loading, and overall moving of bulk mail in postal warehouses. They need to be physically fit and strong.
|Hiring Organization||United States Postal Service|
|Post Name||Mail Handler Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 17 To USD 22 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77018|
The United States Postal Service (USPS; also known as the Post Office, U.S. Mail, or Postal Service) is an independent agency of the executive branch of the United States federal government responsible for providing postal service in the United States, including its insular areas and associated states.
It is one of the few government agencies explicitly authorized by the United States Constitution. The USPS, as of, has career employees and non-career employees. The USPS traces its roots to during the Second Continental Congress when Benjamin Franklin was appointed the first postmaster general.
He also served in a similar position for the colonies of the Kingdom of Great Britain. The Post Office Department was created with the passage of the Postal Service Act. It was elevated to a cabinet-level department and was transformed by the Postal Reorganization Act.
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Sorting and canceling mail using relevant machinery.
- Preparing large batches of mail for distribution.
- Distributing mail to various carriers.
- Operating copy machine and other office equipment.
- Keeping work areas clean and neat.
Skills & Requirements
- Any relevant examinations.
- Availability to work night shifts and weekends.
- Must be drug-free.
- Prior experience in a similar line of work.
- Must pass a drug test.
- Physically fit.
- Loading, lifting, and carrying moderate to heavy mail from trucks and sorting equipment.
- Separate outgoing bulk mail and load it onto mail trucks for distribution.
- Operate machinery and carry mail to the distribution area.
Our Jobs Database:
|Govt Jobs||502||Read More|
|Part-Time Jobs||697||Read More|
|Work from Home||369||Read More|
|Education Wise Jobs||861||Read More|
|Jobs by Country||578||Read More|
|International Jobs||684||Read More|
- We do not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.