Woolworths Jobs Sydney, Are you an early bird and seeking casual employment? Would you like to work in a different location every day? Do you enjoy working within a team environment? We are currently seeking motivated and enthusiastic people for Stocktake Assistant positions that provide support across all Woolworths divisions around the greater Sydney Area.
This exciting role involves you attending a different Woolworths-owned site every shift, where you will count the stock at each location. This is done by physically counting each item and then entering it into a handheld PDA. Whilst the day does go fairly quickly, you will be on your feet for most of the day.
This is a casual role (meaning that hours can vary week by week and at times may be subject to minimal shifts depending on work availability) this role may also include up to 2-4 days where you would be required to travel away from home approximately once per month.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accurately counting stock to company-specified guidelines, time frames, and targets.
- Working cooperatively in an engaging and productive team environment.
- Abiding by company policies and procedures in relation to Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and Food Safety to ensure a safe working environment for customers, staff, and contractors
- Ensuring customers are served in a friendly and efficient manner
To be considered for this role you need to be able to meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills and a sound mathematical ability
- Hold a current driver’s license and have access to your own vehicle
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Portray a positive attitude
- Abide by company policies and procedures at all times including the standard of dress
- Availability to work a flexible casual roster from Monday to Friday (the majority of shifts would be from 6 am starts however some evenings and late nights may be required)
- Ability to periodically travel on trips away for up to four nights, staying in twin share accommodation at the expense of Woolworths
- Communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Work in a fast-paced team environment